Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 52- #90daysofblogging

Today is Father's Day.
My dad is gone.


I began the day like any other Father's  Day with thoughts of my dad.  My father passed away in 2008, hard to believe it's been almost 7 years, My mother and father although separated when I was seven, never divorced. I have bunches of memories of my dad that weren't always putting him in the best light, but I had memories of fun times as well.  As an adult I reached out to my dad and we use to talk when I couldn't sleep, usually around 4am, even if it was just for a little bit.  It was always good to hear his voice and his laugh.  My dad use to tickle me, because he use to wear a few rings.  Whenever he saw me he knew to put them up, Oh No, here comes Miss Minnie (my nickname as a kid from him).. No You cannot have it! I usually got one, anyway.  I was the oldest and a girl and the ONLY girl. (smiles).  Anywho...

I miss my deddy (yes deddy)
My dad is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment