Monday, September 22, 2014

Fairy- Power of Thought

Playing with DecoArt's Media line.  This was a fairy I did over at the Frosted Design Blog  where we are promoting the Moonlit Dreams Mixed Media Kit.  I was able to use my choice of paints and gessos.  In my dylusions journal.. I first drew my image in pencil and then used a permanent pen.  I then used the Media line white gesso, which is smooth like butter cream frosting.  I added a little water because I wanted my image to show through the gesso.  I decided right away I wanted her to have a cosmic/starry background.. so I then used black gesso along the the edges.  I used my finger and Primary Cyan to create the dark blue sky color over the black gesso. toward the head.. I created a bit of a halo by using the DecoArt Neon in Electric Blue.. again with my fingers... I used Primary Cyan, Doxazine Purple, Primary Magenta and Titanium White to color her hair.

I am trying to be more cohesive.. and bring the colors used in my page together together by blending them, instead of going for direct color.  So when I chose to use the colors I have.. I knew the combinations of some of those same colors would get me shades of brown,, On purpose!  So the Primary Yellow and the Naphthol Red Light I used on the head piece.. I combined and added the Doxazine Purple to get a hue of brown..  Since I gessoed my page I need very little paint and these fluid acrylics are so intense in color it I wasted very little paint!  That I was most happy about!  Practice, practice will get me where I want to be as an artist. Can't wait to start my next piece!



Thanks for Looking

No comments:

Post a Comment