Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day _ May Challenge w/ Susan Weckesser

I created this page with Susan Weckesser's May Challenge in mind.  The colors for this challenge can be seen here :

Now to be honest with you when I initially saw these colors.. I immediately though of spring.. trees grassland, new flowers, birds's nest and  few eggs.. Then I thought of new life.. something you could only get from a mother.  It was in fact Mother's Day and I had a quiet moment to hangout with my art and watch my daughter sleep.
I took those colors with my gelatos and Koi watercolors, well most of them anyway.. and came up with this.

  The quote says.. Life doesn't come with a manual, it comes with a mother.

Anywho.. had fun creating this profile of a mother, although she does not look like me.. lol  She still has kind eyes and a gentle face a smile any child would adore!  Happy Mother's Day to all you out there with 2 legged or four legged children that you see about..

3 comments:

  1. I love it, and you're right, thank goodness we come with mother's to guide us and help us! Just love the colors you used! Thanks for playing along in the Create to Live Challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece! I love the colors and the quote is fantastic! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful piece! I love what you did! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and hanging out with the Susan K. Weckesser team!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete