Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lesson 1: FIND YOUR VOICE- PART I

 In the above picture instead of five photos.. I focused on 5 things I needed to begin the process of starting my Follow Your Voice *challenge*.  You will see a pencil.. I am sure that while writing I will make plenty of mistakes (smile). My Lesson- I know I will refer to it constantly throughout the week! My Pitt pens/plain papermate for doodling,  haha as you see I have already begun doing some on my lesson! My camera for taking pictures (might be my trusty Kodak.. or my HTC cell phone.. :-) and Last my MP3 player.. whenevr I feel blocked.. I will put my buds in my ears.. and unplug my mind!!  That's my story and I am sticking to it!!.. Thanks for coming on this adventure with me!!


What is Storytelling to me? What stories do I want to tell?  
To me, storytelling is the ability to capture an audience with true or make believe dynamics of some sort. Whether it be with groups of words and sentences; pictures or pieces or art; movements as in a dance; notes in a song.. The stories I would like to tell would be of childhood and adult memories, some good, some bad.. some lessons well learned.. some adventures with friends.. lol  my daughter.. my craft..   I could tell a goo-gob stories.. and no one would tell them from my perspective.. like I could.. :-)

Who are you? Use this space to describe yourself...
 :-) I am Tamiko in japanese it means a beautiful child/flower.. I am Mother of one, Daughter, Sister, Friend to many, an exWife, Lover, Starving Artist (not in the nutritional sense, but in the thirst for knowledge and desire for technique and artistry, :-))  I love deep. I am passionate about things I care about.. and I care about a lot of things.. and money isn't one.  I am motivated by enlightenment.. if that makes sense.. so I feel like I will forever evolve! I am a purple, chocolate, and coffee lover!!  I am a WSL and Pacemaker Recipient!  I am unsure, unknowing, KIND, Fair, Spiritual, Strong, Weak, MEAN, Sarcastic and probably some other things.. lol.. :-)

What are your storytelling goals? 
How do they fit in with the rest of your creative & life goals?
My Story telling goals will help me to communicate my purpose.  I am transforming and with these changes  I will need to be able talk to people and explain the impact of having had WLS, a pacemaker, losing over 100lbs, having a child with autism, my art and crafts and how things have affected /sustained me during these times.



6 comments:

  1. OK, you had me a "goo-gob stories"..now that is something I want to know more about!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was powerful. I am waiting to see and hear more. I have mine on paper have to get it on compter. Glad to meet you dear.




    ReplyDelete
  3. "whenevr I feel blocked.. I will put my buds in my ears.. and unplug my mind!! "

    so me! I love me some music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great post! I too, have a daughter with Autism and want to tell the story of raising her and how amazing she is!

    blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tamiko, you will be so blessed and be such a blessing through what you share ... I just know it! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing story already! Tamiko, I love that you started with five things instead of five photos - proving that each one of us is unique and we need to recognize that if we are going to tell OUR stories. I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete