Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 84- #90daysofblogging

For my third guest spot for the month of July with Gina's Designs  I created a shrine!  I know Frida Kahlo's birthday was earlier this month, but in my family we celebrate birthdays the whole month!  I was very, very excited to play with my first ATC shrine. Here is a picture of the finished project.
If you would like to see the post associated with this project, CLICK HERE.  :)



Lets talk about the Deco Art Items I used in this project!

Besides using Deco Art Media Fluid Acrylics to paint my shrine. In the following colors:
  • Titan Buff
  • Primary Yellow
  • Blue Green Light
  • Quinacridone Red
  • Primary Cyan
I also used from the Americana Craft paints- Festive Green


After everything was painted, I proceeded to add the Deco Art Media Crackle Glaze, which dries clear. I then applied some DA Media Antiquing cream in Medium Gray.  After it dried.. I took a slightly dampened baby wipe and rubbed off the access cream. If you take off too much, you can always add more.  Best way to avoid it to limit the moisture in the cloth you use to rub off and rub  lightly.  Check out this awesome finish.


I have a few other areas I applied it to as well.. who would ever know this was hardboard.  It looks aged.. and I don't mean just a few hours either!!!  I can't wait to try this again!  I decided to make a Flipagram   I hope you can see parts of my creative process and enjoy the music. ::smiles:: 




Did I say how much I thoroughly enjoyed this?  The shrines are created  hardboard.  Not quite wood, but even more sturdier than chipboard,  You don't have to wonder about the mediums you apply to it, because it can just about withstand anything!!  I am totally impressed!  Now it's your turn to head over to Gina's Designs and Lasercuts and try something different and creative!!  Don't just stop there though, head over to Deco Art's Mixed Media Line to check out all the awesome products they have in store there.


Supplies Used.

Gina's Designs- ATC Shrine- Window 1

Other supplies used

Deco Art Media - Gesso, Fluid Acrylics, Crackle Paste (clear), Antiquing Cream
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
DMC Faber Castell Glass Bead Gel
 WOC Flowers
Image from Google

1 comment:

  1. I just love this. Had never seen these until you did one it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete