Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DecoArt Altered Frame/Chalk Board


When I first saw this paint, I was very intrigued on if it would work, how well would it work.. lol  I had just decided that I would use these altered frames I just got from Michael's and a simple piece of cardboard or chipboard.  The directions told me that I needed to place my first coat of black chalkboard paint  in vertical direction.  Let it dry for an hour.  Then my second coat in a horizontal direction and let it dry.  The whole thing, should then dry for 24hours before you use chalk to condition the surface, then you can use a slightly damp cloth  to clean the board and use it as normal.



In my collaged picture above I followed the steps to create the the chalkboard on a piece of cardboard.  I also painted the wooden frame I got from Michael's with Gloss Enamel and made a thin border that I framed off with some halloween washi tape.  :-)  Because I was exactly sure how I would like my project I only used red double sided tacky tape to adhere the cardboard to the back of the wooden frame.  I placed the tape on the frame and the board!  Believe it or not, it is pretty sturdy!  I may add a little texture at a later date, but for now I am pleased.. I am sure I will make a smaller one for my daughter to keep near the pc with small reminders.  Things she won't want to hear me say.. lol.. but if she reads them.. It will stick!! lol

Anyway, I hope this is something you will try.. I know I have a plethora of ideas for this chalkboard paint!
Enjoy Thursday!! And from my family to yours Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment