Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day 90- #90daysofblogging (DecoArt)


Love how this page came out.. adding my quote was a final decision.  I used white sharpie that was water-based then i outlined the lettering for pop.  I really love this page, this face.. these colors.





I took some Deco Art Acrylics in various colors and put some color on the page. Then I  took  a pencil and did a lose face.



Then I took the Media line titanium white and muted some of the bright colors of the face.  Usuaully the white is used to accent/highlight areas.  I just like the look.  I had no real reason to do it.. just responding to my intuition.



Then I took my stabilo all pencil in blue and traced the face and a few details.  Took a wet brush and activated the pencil to give that painterly look.  



Then I layered my acrylics with some Caran D'Ache Neocolor2s, which are water soluble crayons.  



Adding even more here in complementary colors..



Activating and moving the color with a little bit of matte medium.  Love how that stops the color from moving as much, once it's dry.



I also love how the colors are not opaque and that the colors peak through the layers.



Added more colors to the face and details and a few highlights.

If you have noticed I finally finished publishing my 90 days of blogging.  I got to the last 5-7 days and just totally found myself, not typing..or wanting to type.  Anyway, it's finally done!  Thank you for coming along on this ride with me!!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the beautiful colors you used and how they peek out from underneath!

    ReplyDelete