Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day 44- #90daysofblogging

image found on google from http://floristwall.com/white-daisy-photography/



It came to my attention that my grandmother on my mother's side would have been 98 on June 13, 2015. She passed away on June 8, 1990, that means she has been dead 25 years.  That's more then half my life.  My grandmother's presence is still felt so strong.  Whenever we need a reminder of how to get through times of struggle, we remind ourselves what would grandma do,  I want to believe that all in her beliefs she would not be disappointed in who we are.. No who I am as a person.  It's hard to know though, because we are so different.  I think am most like my grandma for her willingness to accept people for who they are, she showed a lot of compassion for people who seemed to be going through things..  Yes she was mean and often cruel to people she didn't like, but usually with valid reasons.. not just because she could be.  My grandma made things happens, just when you thought it wasn't possible,  My grandmother is all around us.  The things that we do daily in our house, are influenced by memories of her.  The coffee and creamer we drink, choices in sherbet we buy, miscellaneous as it is.. it is what it is.  When we have life changing events like relationships or babies being born, we always have stories of how grandma would have received them.  She loved new people.. they came with new reasons to smile and getting to know them was always precious and worth being celebrated,  I think my grandma is the person who has made me feel most beautiful because as she was dieing of cancer in her final days.  Her wish for me was to have everyone looking at me and seeing me and knowing how special I was on my prom.  It was the one day, I felt most beautiful and most like a princess, with all my wishes granted, by her fairy godmothers (my grandma, my mom and my aunts).  I love and miss my grandma profusely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment