Monday, November 10, 2014

My Veterans Day Post with Helmar..

Veteran's Day with Tamiko

 Hi Tamiko here ::waves:: .  This post was hard for me.. How do you create something to give thanks or tribute to people who put their LIVES on the line for YOU and the rest of the United States, on a daily basis?  I think of all the soldiers and the sacrifices they make to protect us.  Some have left families, not just jobs, but careers, school and much much more. Not everyone who went away, came home! Many went and came home with their lives changed forever.  I could go on and on about how thankful I am for men and women in the armed forces.. Right now.. You are here to see, what I created..
This is an open book card. For this project I chose to use the Helmar Craft and Hobby PVA Glue.  My entire project was all paper.. I felt this product would be more than appropiate for the task!
Besides the glue, I used just basic cardstock, flowers, flourishes and butterflies from my stash. I used  bookboard to dry emboss my pages and a few clamps.  :)
2014-11-07 21.41.44

After I dry embossed all my pages with my Bookatrix board I began to add the Helmar Craft and Hobby PVA Glue to the edges.  It is very important that when you first apply, that you use a little pressure at first.
2014-11-07 21.56.55
The glue adheres pretty fast.  I clamped both edges of the outter pages, while I did other things.
2014-11-07 22.21.22
I wrote on my center page-  Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.  John 15:13   Soldiers do it everyday.. EVERY DAY!
2014-11-07 23.34.32
Time to embellish!  Adding just a drop or two of Helmar Craft and Hobby PVA Glue, to the backs of my flowers and butterflies.  I am learning placement is important!  I hear friends in the back of my mind going.. use odd numbers, create clusters with large flowers and trinkle away with smaller ones  ::chuckles::..  I place even more flowers and more Helmar glue on the base of them. 
2014-11-07 23.49.10
Here is a few close ups..
2014-11-07 23.49.36
and one more..

To see the final project click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment