Thursday, September 25, 2014

Road to Radiance Day 2- Tam Laporte



Road to Radiance.. created by Effy Wild, Starts Oct 1st, 2014!

Today this post is about Tamara Laporte.. or Tam!  We share the same shortness for our first names! Ha.. yep.. sound like a fan?  Indeed I am.  Tam's ability to be kind and show kindness totally shows through her work.. Not just as an artist, as a mum and a person.  Her love for layers and colors.. her ability to feel empathy.. and wish for others to heal within their art.. with help of her teachings.. within their own artistic journey is more than awesome.. Tam taught me my first whimsical face.  I had asked a friend.. what did she think my artistic style was.. She told me she always saw me as whimsical artist.  Wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing at the time, but I accepted it.. :)  I think Tam is one of the BEST in the industry!  Ok.. I need this class.. Although most of Tam's classes are more affordable.. I just don't have it!  I know I would benefit from learning from her as an artist and a person though..  Here is more about Tam Laporte..

I need to be a part of the Road to Radiance

More about Tam..

Here's Tam's Bio:

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 10.54.27 AM
Tamara Laporte (also known as willowing) is a mixed media artist, illustrator and online art teacher who loves avocados, kindness and making a wonderful artsy mess on her desk. Her work can be described as “mixed media folk art”. It ranges from whimsical children’s illustrations to a more stylised fantasy art. Love, mystery, innocence, hope, spirituality, kindness and self-connection inspires her art work. Her paintings often contain healing themes, uplifting messages and inspirational poetry. She believes that the act of creating art can be a catalyst for healing and personal growth – often, her art classes contain an element of self-development as well as learning art techniques.
She is deeply passionate about helping people find their inner muse and would love to help YOU too to get in touch with the artist in you!
She is also a prolific art journaller and creates stuffed toys and art dolls when she has the time. More recently, she’s started dabbling in the world of digital creations and has come to enjoy making paintings in Photoshop with a wacom tablet as well. Her work and articles have been published in several art magazines and books. She is based in Brighton in the UK with her lovely husband Andy and her 2 magical children Dylan & Elliot. She’s been teaching online art workshops since 2008 on her ning network which at present has over 15400+ members and grows with about 150-200 mixed media enthusiasts a month!
For a more detailed interview, go here, or check out her website over here: www.willowing.org

You Can Win A Spot

There are multiple ways to win:
1) Share this post with your Facebook friends. Use this shortlink: http://wp.me/p1ZQyo-1kV
2) Share this post with your Twitter friends. Use this shortlink:  http://wp.me/p1ZQyo-1kV
3) Blog about this post on your own blog. Link back to this shortlink: http://wp.me/p1ZQyo-1kV
After having done any of the above, come back here and leave a comment to be included in the random drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment